Maribeth L. Minella and Molly DiBianca will present an audio conference on non-compete agreements for Human Resource professionals on Tuesday, Nov. 17. The conference begins at 11 a.m. Eastern and will last for 90 minutes. HR Hero is hosting the event and registration can be found on the HR Hero website. Here’s the agenda:
- How to draft and implement legally solid noncompete, nonsolicitation, nondisclosure, and confidentiality agreements
- The the typical restrictions built in noncompete agreements
- How widely-varied state laws complicate the issue
- When and how to use nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements and policy statements
- Tactics you can implement NOW to prevent corporate raiding by former employees
- How to handle applicants and new hires with pre-existing noncompete agreements. Are such employees off limits? How do employers know if an applicant or new hire comes with restrictions?
- The latest court precedents relating to enforcement of noncompete agreements. How has the climate changed in light of the economic downturn?
- The dangers awaiting unwary employers talking to potential employees who are under noncompete agreements
- The employer’s options if an employee is under restrictions placed by a former employer
Non-compete agreements have become increasingly popular. If your organization is using them or is considering using them, this is an excellent way to ensure that you’ve got the key points covered for maximum enforceability. We hope you can join us!