EEOC’s “Best Practices” on Caregiver-Responsibilities, issued in April 2009, presents an excellent opportunity to discuss the topic of family-responsibilities discrimination (FRD). Adria B. Martinelli will discuss the impact of the new guidance at our next Breakfast Briefing, on September 18. Adria will discuss the subtleties of this evolving area of the law.
Attendees will learn:
- Why the EEOC issued the Caregiver Discrimination Guidance
- When or how unlawful disparate treatment of caregivers can occur
- How you can recognize bias in your own workplace
- How you can structure policies and train managers to avoid claims and protect your company
As always, there is no cost to attend our Breakfast Seminar. However, conference space is limited and therefore, we suggest that you register as soon as possible.
Two Ways to Register:
1. You may click here to register by email. Be sure to include “Breakfast Seminar” in the subject line and your name and contact information in the email text, OR
2. You may telephone Felicia at 302.571.5718.
An email containing driving directions and parking options will be sent to all registrants closer to the event.
Please mark your calendars and join us for our last Breakfast Seminar of 2009 on Friday, November 13, 2009.
As always, information regarding employment law issues is available on the Delaware Employment Law Blog. Moreover, two of our employment attorneys, Molly DiBianca and William Bowser, are Tweeting about current employment topics. They can be followed: @MollyDiBi and @WBowser.